Michael et al, here are the questions I am posing (Michael yours will be added I am just listing my own to see if anyone has any ideas piggybacking off of these). Turns out there are more than 23!
1) When did growth start stagnating.
2) Why did that happen?
3) What is the reason it continues to happen?
4) Do you have a plan to turn that around? Have you implemented any so far? What are they? Results? Followup efforts on these results?
5) Why do you have so many "employees" and "interns" pre-revenue? Why aren't you operating lean?
6) What will happen to all of these people when you raise financing? You can't justify paying all of them full time.
7) What has happened in the first 2 years of the company? I need to see a timeline of milestones and events, and what your benchmarks were -- and if those were met.
8) Why hasn't financing been raised so far?
9) What is the chief complaint or caveat of would-be investors?
10) Why aren't people using this app?
11) Who is managing social media and what is their strategy and roadmap?
12) Are you otherwise actively marketing? What traditional or non-traditional strategies are you using outside of social media?
13) What high-level connections do you have, does your team collectively have, that have or have not been leveraged?
14) Partnerships? With whom? For what? Who's in charge of partnerships? Who are they reaching out to?
15) Have you thought of bringing any good growth hackers on board?
16) When do you want to exit, and to whom do you want to sell?
17) Why is your ask so low? Are you basing it off of your current valuation?
23) Is there a transition process? What is it?
24) Do you want a firebrand or a yes man/woman?
25) What is your advisory style?
26) What is my assurance that you'll always be available to me and that this company is your #1 priority?
27) So, comps sold for XXmm apiece or so...were those early exits or Y5/6 exits?
28) I want to meet with your folks in the trenches before meeting execs. I want to know what they're doing, how their working conditions can be improved, and if they feel like they're working in silos since the team is distributed. I want to know what they think our direction should be. Then, same with execs. Finally, meet with the entire team. Is everyone on the same page? That's what I want to find out.
ANY MORE QUESTIONS??!! FEEL FREE TO ADD! THANKS TO EVERYONE.