- Do you need to do any dev to create the mobile ads (aside from content creation)
Not necessarily. You do need a fb developer account (free signup) and to define your app as a facebook app (so it gets an ID they can track)
- Can I target just users of certain devices? (samsung galaxy s4)
Not that I know of. You can choose OS, OS version, tablet/smartphone, wifi/3g. For finer grained device targeting, look at places like Admob, which are generally more expensive.
- Can facebook give me install numbers?
Yes, If you install their SDK or a commercial tracking SDK. Otherwise you get only the count of clicks
- Can I track in google analytics the number of people that install from the ads?
No. Facebook are not cooperating with Google on tracking. Installs from fb will appear as organic installs on GA
- Can I track installs specifically that come from particular ad campaigns in google analytics?
- Can I distinguish between organic vs paid installs in google analytics?
Yes, for ad networks other than FB :).
- What dev would I need to do inside the droid app to enable fb ads and google analytics to it?
You don't need to add GA. Adding the FB SDK is very easy and free, and doesn't require you to add any UI. The commercial solutions mentioned above all have different features, but to only track installs, add the FB SDK and add one API call to your application startup. It took me 10 minutes. You will get the analytics within your facebook ads console.