Do not open a restaurant unless you have managed one. Here are thing to think about.
1) Will it be a sit down restaurant, quick serve or fast casual?
2) Will you serve alcohol?
3) Will you be running it or will you have managers?
4) Will you be a hands on owner? Do you know that you will be working about 60-70 hours a week
5) Remember that there are many, many moving parts in a restaurant. Labor cost (including manager salary) food cost should be about 60-70% if you are lucky (based the state you live in).
6) There could be a high rate of theft both food and money
These are just for starters. Owning a restaurant seems like a really good idea but it is had work and if you have never worked in one you will be out of your league and you will be wasting your money.