Hello Marcus, challenging market your looking to tap into, this can be an expensive process and even if you do manage to get ranging (product in store) if it doesn't move they will drop your lines and potentially send you back the stock demanding credit.
Using an outsourced sales and marketing team has its benifits, however you loose a lot of control and you put the future of your business in the hands of someone else who is managing multiple other brands what are already in demand and creating revenue for them, there are ways to make this work but it is complex.
It is absolutely critical that you have the following...
1) clear engagement plan with each retail partner.
2) clear pricing, rebate and payment terms with each different retail partner.
3) clear merchandising, ranging, sell though strategy with each retail partner.
4) clear branding and product positioning place for both retail and the consumer base.
5) clear distribution and logistics and stock management plans (you may not want to be in all stores, in all regions)
6) the right story to sell to each retail partner (effective pitch that will give the results you want)
In essence it sounds like you need a comprehensive sales and marketing plan, that take into account the goals of you business, cash flow / budgets, and brand development.
Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss the above in more detail.