Here's what you do...
1. Uses a lead generation service for cold leads. (I have some specific ones in mind).
- Create that list of lead gen services then do competitive intelligence to reverse engineer the marketing these services are doing to attract their customers using a combination of Alexa, similarweb and spyfu.
- Also take that list and use it to build a target segment in facebook and twitter of people who are friends, followers of these companies.
- Filter the list by overlaying the targeting criteria below with the refinements I have noted.
For points 2-5 below Facebook, Linkedin and twitter will let you target companies that fit your size criteria and specific job titles/roles in particular geographies.
Additionally if you already have a customer list you can upload that list into Facebook or twitter and find customers who look like them via look-alike modelling.
if you are using linkedin sales navigator you can actually see who in your network is connected to people at organizations that fit your criteria and get introductions or target them with inmail
If you actually have a named list of companies that you specifically want to do business with and you know them by name you can work with a company like Demandbase or madisonlogic that will do IP targeting.
If you have industry specific events that you know Sales managers from SMB companies will be attending you can Geo-fence that event so that anyone in that location eg. convention center/ conference hotel will be targeted with an Ad when they user their smartphones.
I could go on all day but there's a few things you can try...
2. Is the head of sales at his/her company.
3. Works at a company of 20 employees or less.
4. Is not the CEO or owner of the company.
5. Does business mostly in their own local area.