True, you wouldn't be the typical customer. It might help to tell you about people like me!
So, people who take nootropics
, or smart drugs, are a unique bunch. The average life cycle of a person taking nootropics is:
- Let me try one of these nootropics I heard about *orders on Amazon*
- OMG, this is awesome, I'm so focused!
- *time passes* Damn it, it doesn't seem to work anymore, I wonder why
- *much research later* AH, I see, I need to cycle them on and off
- *joins various forums about nootropics* Ok awesome, I now have a stack for week 1 and a stack for week 2. But man, there's a lot of pills, and they are all expensive
- Hey! I can buy the supplement powders online and then encapsulate them myself! Awesome
- Where most of us are at: Damn it, this method works and is effective but is it ever time consuming.
When I floated this idea of a system where tell us about themselves, and what they want to achieve with nootropics, with periodic checkups and suggestions on new formulas the forums went insane - like I hit a nerve that needed to be hit! That's when I thought... hrmm, maybe.
I need to know a bit of their history - at least what medications they are on, mental health, etc to be able to give proper suggestions. Knowing lifestyle factors such as exercise and the like aids it even more.
Think of it like this: Right now, you do 10-16 hours of research on nootropics every week. You also spend several additional hours every week measuring out powders, mixing them, encapsulating them, and writing them down. You also record everything about your mix and constantly strive to improve it.
Now, here I come, and say "Well, with 20 minutes of your time at the start I can build you a nootropic profile, bottle it and send it to you. You can also tell me if it's not working, and suggest changes. I'll also make sure you don't mix 2 things that are counter-productive or downright dangerous"
You can imagine how much you'd love to join up - I sure as hell know I would! And from just a few subtle hints and one place I reference the actual name, I've got over 600 likes on a facebook page in less than a week. So I'm thinking I found a niche.
But yeah, I may just start with several formulations for people. It's a boutique industry, so while you'll pay $15 for a One-A-Day vitamin, people like me will spend upwards of $400/month and take over 30 pills. Now I can reduce all of that.