It sounds to me here that we are barking up the wrong tree ...
The important question Yaya is
"Have I correctly qualified this customer?"
All above is correct but I would add a couple of techniques here...
1. Commitment and consistency: Get them to echo the values that are important to them and tie them it with your product. Charities do it all the time buty giving us free t-shirts posters, and things that make us say
" I am associated with what this brand stands for"
2.Social Proof: Get people who are from the clients demographic or maybe the demographic who he/she aspires to be to give you testimonials in person, live
3. Scarcity: Offer a time bound discount on the premium but only available if they take action within a fixed time. That will encourage them to act
I think you have a quality of leads problem. The below books helped me immensely and i hope they will serve you too.
1. Influence: Robert Cialdini -2010
2. The Sales Bible: Jeffrey Gitomer -2008
3. Crucial Conversations: Kerry Patterson -2011
Let me know your thoughts