I looked into SendGrid and they have a compelling offering. I also contacted a friend-of-a-friend who handled email deliverability for another startup who gave me an additional list of concerns to address even when using a service such as SendGrid.
- Actively managing the feedback loop (FBL) process
- Keeping your sender score high
- Reacting to situations when a customer marks your email as spam
- Pre-testing email content for spamminess. Since some parts of our email content is authored by our external business partners, this process may need to be actively managed
- Engaging and managing whitelisting services such as ReturnPath
- Working to determine how the recipient ISPs handle an email that is considered "delivered" and how to maximize inbox delivery rates
Is there a company who can take on these duties at a reasonable rate? My team is hoping that there is a company that can simply monitor this project over a few hours per week.