We're looking to bring on several new hires (mostly friends) from out of state. Since we're new at this, we think we'll just give each person a flat bonus and they'll be able to spend it however they want for relocation expenses. Regardless, we're interested in some questions regarding the relocation process and how other companies handle it.
If you, or anyone you know, is/has handled hiring new employees, we'd be interested to know more about the following:
- What are the benefits you offer employees?
- How many new hires need to relocate because of their job?
- Can you describe the relocation package offered to your employees?
- What is the process for relocating employees?
- How are the expenses tracked for the relocation process?
- How much of the relocation cost is covered by the company vs the employee?
- Do you put them in touch with any moving or relocation service?
- Do you outsource any parts of this task? (would you? if not, why?)
Thanks for the help!