I was responding and got cut off, so this isn't as elegant as I'd like it to be.
1.I HEAR YA! Who wants leftovers. Agreed. No incentive there. Thanks for supporting my gut feeling... couldn't put my finger on it... but I was like. Hmmm. this isn't right.
2. Have you seen something like this before? What about A google glass style givaway, something you have to sign up to get and there are limited numbers; we're in a similar capability category (though not ugly glasses)
3. I found this site: http://www.wowcracy.com/ that looks very interesting for high quality fashion campaigns.
4. AS for getting traffic to the site; that's in play and we're preparing a plan for that. I'd like to know how to integrate it better.
5. We'll have people who see the prototype on a int'l brand for a press piece; then hopefully if they want to know more; they will get to our site. The plans of best way to do that is still unkown.
6. WHO else has launched an elegant high priced item for limited run to get the funding; which in turn gets you the big bucks you need to get the price down and keep going out to the masses. PeBBLE is good, but under the $200 mark; we're way higher.