Vice President of Leadership Development at Figur8
I've written a book and expect that I can sell about 1k to 2k copies over the next year. My editor says selling books in lieu of speaking fees is a popular way to increase sales; Tim Ferriss did this and it's dope idea.
Should I self publish or use a publisher? Factors:
- I can get a Foreword written by a 'good' founder (started/runs $5M -$150M company)
- I'm antsy to get it out and waiting a year for a publisher sounds painful
- I have money to self-finance
- I speak 4-6 time per year, average ~70-150 people per talk
- I coach ~30 people/year
- I know how to leverage SEO + social media
- This is my first book
- More about me here: bartskorupa.com
Thanks in advance for any thoughts/considerations. Recommendations to publishers are appreciated.