This is a terrific subject to contemplate & discuss!
1) act and conduct in behavior that upholds the best interests of the COMPANY,
2) it's not about my opinion -- my opinion does not matter -- it's about our member subscribers (customers), partners, team members, prospective members and the professionals with whom we're aligned,
3) ask yourself, "if my opinion is viewed or aired, then will it be interpreted as being informed, articulate, productive, constructive, intelligent, etc., vs. emotional, reactive, toxic, poorly equipped, irresponsible or out of step of someone who is ostensibly looked upon as a leader"?,
4) people will invariably recall the last statement, comment or opinion you may make -- make sure they do so in ways you cannot regret,
5) respond to a direct question with a direct answer graciously, professionally and responsibly...remember: you're being observed so act and speak accordingly,
6) THINK...before speaking,
7) Great leaders recognize the right spots, places and times to act, voice and be heard... This is called "judgement" and it should be exercised very carefully.
Judgement "judgement" and it must be exercised carefully.