A very wise app developer told me, if your marketing plan is to featured by apple, come up with a new marketing plan.
Having said that, Apple does like to feature apps that show off the device, which sounds like your app does.
To get attention of bloggers:
- Make a target list of blogs (app review sites and tech) and list out which writers have written about similar apps/fitness related stuff (e.g, fitbit, fitocracy). don't just do a pr blast. write personal emails to people or tweets and base it on the "i notice you wrote about this app, let me tell you about mine..."
- Send them your pitch and give assets that make it very easy to review and post - e.g., good screens with dropbox link, video (s). Don't send a PDF with all the images embedded since that not helpful to writer
- Include a launch and embargo date and stick to it. Writers hate it when ask for embargo but then someone breaks it
- If this not work, you can follow up few weeks later with a pitch around a list around the app (top 5 apps to have fun this holidays and lose some holiday weight, include your own app in there, bloggers love lists
- If you do the videos via mall, tape and throw up on youtube. if one becomes viral, you're golden.
i own a games review site so feel free to hit me up with private message to contact me directly. we don't usually write about these types of apps, but now that i wrote out the top 5 fitness app idea, i may actually post that :)