Let me begin with a little background.
* Product is a SaaS B2B product. Our target market is Home Care Agencies.
* We are in private beta right now and are actively pursuing and adding more beta users.
* I am the developer/CTO and my co-founder and I split "CEO"/biz dev duties.
With that said... the Angels in our area like to invest in the $50k to $200k range.
Let's say that we want Angel funding in order to complete the beta and to have a runway of a year to a year and a hlaf. We'd be asking for $150/$200k. I would take a minimal salary... enough to cover my bills. My co-founder does not necessarily need one. She has a full time job. We're thinking that most of the money would be spent on Marketing/Sales.
I'd like to hear what yall think on the following:
1) As the lead developer, should I take a fully salary or bare minimum?
2) Assuming our situation is it typical to be spending the bulk of the Angel money on marketing/sales? We are thinking $80-$90k.
We don't need to spend too much on design/development since I can do that. The expertise we dont have is the sales/marketing.
My co-founder and I are starting to think about talking to Angels and VC. The Angels in our area