Ben, correct me if I'm wrong, but based on your pricing model i'm guessing you are selling services ('custom' services?) along with use of your 'fancy algorithms'? You hint at this in 1 not so obvious line of text on your landing page: "quit falling asleep at your mouse and hire yourself some growth hackers. (Specifically, us.)
" . If I were one of your "traditional" prospects and somehow i came to your site you would have a challenge converting me to a paying customer - OK, i'll be blunt, there's no way i would convert:
1. it is not at all clear to me what i am buying. If i am in fact getting some real hand-holding, live body with a pulse and possibly even an 'expert growth hacker' to go with the fancy algorithms then TELL ME THAT. For the prices you charge there needs to be something more. am i right?
2. Use my terms, not yours -since i'm a 'traditional' prospect i likely don't even know what a "growth hacker" is.
3. Again, if i'm a "traditional" prospect then i am not 'social savvy' and i'm not likely to pay (OK, damn near impossible) $299, $399 or $899 per month for what sounds like some super fancy "social media" tool that i don't undestand since i don't understand or use the basic social media tools now - FB, twitter, LinkedIn, Yelp... Right? if i don't currently use or even dabble in the free stuff, why would i pay your prices for something that i don't understand? Educate me. The higher the price the greater the 'risk' to me. The greater the risk the more educating it takes to convert me. Also, the less 'commoditized' the product, and especially so for services, the more educating it takes to convert me. In fact it is highly unlikely that you will convert me without at least 1 live conversation.
4. Your pricing is definitely not 'traditional' SaaS pricing - i.e. "Basic = free", "Better = $19.95/month" and "Super = $29.95/month".
In fact, even after participating in this FD thread and visiting your landing page twice (i don't find more than that) your pricing is the only hint that you might be selling something more than a self-service tool - i still don't know for sure what you are selling, but it must be more than a SaaS, self-service tool because your pricing is so atypical for a SaaS. Again, if i actually get a live body with a pulse to help me cut through all the social 'magic' then at least i can start to get past the sticker shock, but your landing page does not make it clear what i am paying for.
5. If i'm wrong and your customers don't get a live body to help untangle the 'mystery of social' then you have some real splainin to do. Someone very 'social savvy' might be able to read between the lines and figure out what you are selling and might (a big might) recognize the value and maybe even sign up, but that's a stretch. Not likely without a free tier so they can try it and educate themselves first because the landing page does not educate them. even less likely for a newbie - a newbie won't know where to even start or why. i'd suggest some eye opening customer testimonials: "we've used Airplane now for xx months and in 1 week we got xx return on our investment...best money we ever spent...". At your pricing they need to be jaw dropping, blow your socks off testimonials. This can be particularly effective in narrow verticals where members of the vertical come to the same landing page and recognize the industry language, the pain points, competitors, etc. video might help too. But even these are a real stretch considering your pricing.