Great questions but you may want to provide some additional info to get the best answer.
- Where are you located geographically?
- Where do the eventual employees need to be located geographically?
- What is your product or service? Hardware, software, Saas, physical goods?
- What type of sales people do you need?
- SDRs (Sales Development / Top of Funnel)
- AE's (SMB, MidMaret, Enterprise)
- Custome Success (Account Management)
- What is your ICP (Ideal Customer Profile)
- SMB, MM, ENT
- Specific titles you target
Certainly more could be considered but if you may want to come prepared with this type of information to any vendor discussion you have. If you do not then it is likely some folks will over promise and under deliver which is exactly what you are trying to avoid asking the question in the first place.
I know several very good sales recruitment firms but they tend to specialize a bit more in technology. One of the best is Betts Recruiting, but again, be sure your needs match their sweet spot