We recently decided to open up an online store that sells electronic equipment from various warehouses we operate.. We have everything in place for fulfillment, stock management, online payment, pricing models(competitive in set products and little expensive in others) etc... Currently in the last phase applying SSL certificates to get thing off the ground.
1. We have existing customers that we will market this to them however we want to rely on mass market using effective marketing methods and not just relying on orders from existing customers. Any thoughts on where to start to get website traction online, more visits and orders?
2. How to leverage ads to get customers searching for specific product to see our ad on google and facebook like amazon and john lewis? as when you visit a product page on amazon or some ecommerce sites, suddenly on facebook you find google ads and facebook ads specifically showing you ads for that product on other ecommerce stores?
3. How to identify in an informed manner the budget that need to be spent on adwords etc.. ?
Stuff we know we need to do but its effect will not be strong or will be very slow :
- SEO optimization
- General publicity on linkedin, twitter etc..
- Newsletter to existing customers
- promotional period (Free shipping for example)
*Note: Some of the pages may not work because of the work being done to apply the SSL certificates. but to give you an idea, there will be over 6000 products on the system in the different sectors showing on the left.