I found this article
from VC Patrick Meenan on what VCs who are invested in you should be primarily and secondarily focused on. It makes total sense but I find most VCs focus on metrics not what he says should be primary:
- Long-term product vision
- Sustainable competitive advantage
- Can their capital accelerate your growth?
- Getting you connected to other founders in their network
- Founder's personal aspirations
Secondary areas of interest should be:
- Current ARR
- Historical MoM growth rate
- Historical cohort analysis
- Current cap strucutre
- Which competitors have been funded.
It's refreshing to see, but I find it to be the exception. Would love to hear from founders that have or had boards and what they would add to the list of things VCs focus on too much or not enough.