I often curse the day I had a Startup idea for China & India. Why ? Because I'm a euro Founder sat in London trying to get it funded. For anyone that doesn't know, that's like trying to sell tourism to europeans for a ISIS strong hold country. So why is it so impossible to find a Angel ? Consider
1. Team : CXO 4 Fintech Startups, 21yrs experience, Chinese market expertise,built & shipped across 70 emerging markets
2. Big Market : Our 2 main markets are the biggest in the world. China & India..
3. Big Problem : tackles their no.1 social problem
4. Market Validation : Confirmation from Chinese Industry experts & strong user research results. 92% said they'd use us, 58% said they'd pay triple our price point.
5. Regulation/Legal : Confirmed from data lawyer, all clear to do this.
6. Mobile Prototype : All built in Chinese
7. Revenue : It's a marketplace so it makes money from day 1 with a very disruptive business model.
8. Scalable : The Startup sits inside Asia's biggest mobile hub which gives us access to 80% of China from launch & 25% of India's mobile internet traffic. That's access to reach 1.1bn mobile users on day 1.
8. Exit : Experian paid $1.2bn for 30% of a company doing this in Brasil. Our markets are bigger.
So, pulling my hair out here, if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, please speak up & share.