Yes, businesses prefer to outsource to an agency to design their MVP over hiring full time designer. It depends on the talent or development agency you bring in to make this happen.
Benefits of outsourcing to an agency to design your MVP over hiring a full time designer:
1) Development agencies do have vast experience in designing and development stuff and good customer base. so that can be helpful to you to get some more options to execute your idea.
2) You can select resource/designer according to your requirement from different experience level, skills and expertise etc.
3) You can hire a designer with a very specific skill set to do some particular task. You may not need those particular skills set again so it makes sense to hire the designer only when you requires.
4) You don’t need to invest in the equipment or any other necessary resources to do that particular task.
5) Development agency can help you to develop your project at very competitive rates.
There are many large start-ups that have succeeded using outsourcing to launch their highly valued businesses. Some of them are as follows:
Connect with WebClues Infotech to get more information.
In an ideal case, you find a talented and skillful technical founder and other founders. All of you sit in a room and start working on different aspects of the startup.
In reality finding fulltime talent to develop an MVP might be harder. Most talented developers have more work than they can handle. You might be able to find some freelancers or part time developers. You need to hire somebody to do product, UI, testing and project management roles. If you can take care of few of those roles, great.
So the question becomes how long an entrepreneur should wait to get the ideal team? It is upto each individual. I am a firm believer that a good solution today is worth more than a great solution later.
I wrote a blogpost along this line sometime back
Good luck with your ventures. Start building.