Alexander Brett Fung
First time founder
About Alexander Brett
I've recently graduated at the Goodman School of Business in St.Catharines, Ontario with the Bachelor of Business Administration concentration in Finance (Co-op) with Honours. I have worked within the Canadian Financial Services industry on several co-ops, totaling a year and eight months, as a Financial Analyst (Co-op). In addition, I've worked at a IMG Worldwide, a sports and entertainment company, where I conducted research reports on competitors and developed a sales strategy for the team.
After graduating, I decided not to go back to any of my previous employers. I see a major need within the Financial Services industry, and I intend to provide the best solution that helps everyday people.
The ideal co-founder will possess most of these skill sets and experiences:
• Good understanding of responsive web design, fluid layouts and positioning, browser behavior and compatibility, cross-browser issues and solutions, and coding for Search Engine Optimization
• Able to lead efforts to diagnose and troubleshoot issues spanning multiple systems, teams and vendors
• Experience with source code management tools (e.g., Git, SVN)
• Experience with Scrum (or another agile methodology)
• Experience with Python or NodeJS
• Experience with XML technologies like XSD, XSL, XPATH
• Strong knowledge of SQL and database concepts
• Experience configuring web and application servers
• Strong development skills; preferably with Python, Java, or Scala
• Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment
• A passion for various database technologies and how to get the most out of them
• Relational and/or dimensional data modeling experience
• A focus on developing quality software through code reviews, unit testing, and design reviews
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Redshift
Programming Languages: Scala, Python, SQL
Etc.: Amazon Web Services, Linux, Play Framework
• Experience with responsive layouts and mobile design is a plus.
If you possess these skills and traits, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance Concentration with Co-op)
2015 - 2015
Canadian Securities Course