First time founder
Hi! I'm Bal (short for "Balaji", think "biology" or "apology"): 18+ years' experience in leading functional organizations to conceive, prove, build, launch, manage and evolve products that help people be more productive, creative and collaborative, that cross lines, that surprise and delight. It's what I do.
Some stuff I'm proud of:
- Led Platform for Nymi, supporting partnerships with global brands to drive secure convenience and personalization into everyday interaction with technology, and developed, launched and supported the global Developer Program as a key company executive in its early stage
- Developed Desire2Learn's platform and ecosystem strategy, fostering product partnerships that innovate in education, launching the company's app store and platform roadmap
- Led Content Ops planning / marketing for Qwyrk Media to revolutionize Consumer engagement with music and movies
- Developed organization profiles, business frameworks and operational processes for new Consumer software products and business models at BlackBerry, providing the foundation for the worldwide Consumer smartphone revolution.
- Designed and deployed product development processes for Bombardier Aerospace, focused on the flagship Global series, one of the most advanced private jets on the planet.
- Developed team mandates and portfolio management strategy and sourced and hired direct world-class reporting staff of cross-functional managers for Product and Program organizations at several companies.
Specialties: Market planning and strategy | Business models | User experience | Product requirements | Business process design | Product positioning | Strategic partnerships | Portfolio management | Leadership and change | Organization design | Execution and in-life | Platforms and Ecosystems | Mobile value chain and ecosystem | Business Development and Evangelism | Mobile payments | Digital identity | Social and digital messaging
I'll be honest - not completely sure a Founder role is right for me, as I'm more of an Operationalizer of big, audacious ideas than one who always creates them. But smart people inspire me, and if you're one who wants to do something a little crazy to improve the world around you then we should talk. You need Product, BD, Marketing, Strategy and Ecosystem leadership? I'm yer guy.