San Francisco, California, US
San Francisco, California, US
I believe that it is the responsibility of business to solve society's greatest problems by challenging the status quo, and creating more effective methods of doing things. I have recently aligned my career goals with this belief by transitioning from my profession as an engineer, and instead pursuing my interests in renewable energy and transportation.
This belief has also led me to pursue an MBA at University of Michigan, Ross School of Business. At Ross, I have focused my education around the intersection of corporate strategy and energy systems. This summer I worked to develop a strategy for improving the triple-bottom-line of Dow Chemical's automotive business. In my final year at Ross, I am working to gain a stronger handle on leveraging large sets of data, as I have come to learn of its importance in a business climate that increasingly leans on data analytics to create profitable ventures.
In my spare time, I enjoy international travel and creative pursuits such as photography and film. I am currently developing a travel blog to document and share my travel experiences.
MBA Sustainability Intern
May 2017 - August 2017
- Recommended strategy to improve auto business' triple bottom line; will result in 0 waste sent to landfills and 100% renewable powered operations while reducing operating costs. - Introduced 2 new key performance indicators enabling automotive business to measure progress against corporate sustainability goals
Atlantic Aviation Group
March 2017 - April 2017
- Optimized operations and developed new costing system for commercial aircraft maintenance and repair organization to maximize profits. - Conducted market analysis to provide strategic guidance to executive leadership
Mechanical Engineer 1, 2, & 3
September 2012 - May 2016
- Leveraged technical knowledge to upgrade fuel tanker loading system, increasing petroleum product loading rate by 67%. - Spearheaded coordination with Romanian office to develop drawings at lower bill rate; resulted in 20% cost savings. - Implemented change management process for $2.5 M construction program to install machinery necessary for improving workplace safety; eliminated 12 safety hazards. - Orchestrated time-sensitive design, construction, and commissioning of system upgrade to protect components from adverse weather; resulted in 0 hours of down-time. - Modeled and analyzed control system design; recommended changes to design resulting in a 40% reduction in undesired performance outputs. - Supported system reconfiguration to improve accuracy of emissions controls; resulted in compliance with EPA regulation.
Entourage Entertainment and Promotions, LLC
July 2009 - February 2014
- Minimized expenses and increased event attendance by streamlining operations; resulted in annual revenue growth to $250k over 4 years - Recruited and managed 15 employees and partners; facilitated partnerships with local venues to serve over 30,000 customers
US Army Corps of Engineers
March 2010 - September 2012
- Partnered with members of federal and state agencies to streamline engineering process resulting in $1M of cost savings. - Created system that reduced contract representative's invoice processing time by 25%.
University of Michigan
2016 - 2018
University of New Orleans
B.S. Mechanical Engineering
2007 - 2009
2004 - 2007
National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying