Los Angeles, California, US
Los Angeles, California, US
Founded 2+ startups
I'm a software engineer with many hats. I've been a client developer dealing with front end UX/UI work both on the web and mobile. I am experienced as a back end developer in Ruby, PHP and Python along with many of their frameworks. I have also been in a DevOps role managing server architecture.
I have recently been looking to join on a partner level and work on something I can call my own. I'm looking to partner with an individual or team that has something tangible and proven but lacking technical expertise to move things forward. I'm also wiling to join in on a project that exists only on paper given the right team.
You don't need it until you need it. - common sense
Cofounder, Senior Software Engineer
June 2016 - June 2018
- Helped design and implement a micro-service architecture setup built on top of Docker and deployed with Kubernetes. - Established an ETL scheme from multiple sources focusing on speed and fault-tolerance. - Mentored junior software engineers in best practices and architectural decisions. - Wrote unit tests and contributed to a development cycle utilizing continuous integration and automated deployments.
January 2015 - June 2016
- Architected and built the services for the product that resulted in $500,000 of funding. Services included an API server, TCP socket server and background job queue. - Wrote documentation and helped with the onboarding of new engineers. - Oversaw the interviewing and hiring of new engineers. - Explained the technical aspects of the product to investors. - Spoke directly with users in regards to feedback and bug support on the product.
Senior Software Engineer
April 2013 - January 2016
- Maintained and expanded an API built on top of a custom framework. - Monitored and architected servers that seamlessly handled hundreds of thousands of users. - Introduced a standard of unit testing coupled with continuous integration. - Oversaw the interviewing and hiring of new engineers. - Worked closely with the sales team in manufacturing reports, driving business decisions. - Responded to production emergencies swiftly and effectively.
September 2012 - May 2013
• Introduced a deployment process using Fabric which deployed code across multiple clusters with different roles and environments • Maintained and expanded unit tests • Worked with support team in swiftly dealing with production bugs faced by clients • Introduced a multi-threaded Python solution migrating terabytes of data from MySQL to Amazon Redshift • Fixed bugs and added features to the API in PHP • Identified and fixed problems in intricate data pipelines • Worked with Puppet in setting up in house dev instances • Coauthored an in-house ORM resulting in a huge performance gain • Worked closely with other teams when implementing a server side feature, ensuring front end developers integrated seamlessly
February 2011 - September 2012
• Used continuous integration (Jenkins) with functional and unit tests maintaining a bug-free and clean code base. • Worked on a event-driven RESTful API conusmed by the Android and iPhone clients. • Worked on the Android client utilizing the concurrency library IntentService, video recordings, API consumption, and various Android events. • Dealt with problematic production pushes swiftly and with minimal impact to business. • Debugged and fixed code behavior discrepancies between different Linux servers. • General application development with PHP and jQuery/HTML/CSS.
University of Washington
2008 - 2010