New York, New York, US
New York, New York, US
Wellacopia is looking for an experienced (ideally full stack) CTO to lead the company’s technological vision for our mission-driven healthcare platform.
Wellacopia is on a mission to help people with chronic illnesses find their ideal, long-term practitioners through compatibility matching (in essence, the Match.com for healthcare).
Wellacopia’s founder Eva Minkoff created Wellacopia with the aim of humanizing the relationship between patients with chronic illnesses and their doctors. We are principally based in New York and have a user base of patients and practitioners that is growing rapidly across the country. Join our experienced team of rockstars from Fitango Health, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, WEGO Health, HootBoard, and New York Life Ventures.
We are looking for an experienced (ideally full stack) CTO to lead the company’s technological vision, design and implement technology roadmap, mentor and develop the team, and ensure that the technological resources are aligned with the company’s business needs. Reporting to the CEO, the CTO will lead our mission to utilize technology to improve efficiency, accessibility, and experience for all of Wellacopia’s userbase of patients and practitioners.
The current Wellacopia platform is built with a Java backend and an Angular JS frontend. After raising a round of funding, we will also build a mobile app that will be built on the Native framework. Our primary technical concerns are security of the Wellacopia platform, protection and data integrity of highly-confidential patient data, a delightful experience for our users, and integration-first APIs.
· Continuously evolve our vision for how technology will be used in the company in a rapidly-changing and complex industry
· Ensure that the technology meets the company’s short and long-term needs
· Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards, particularly HIPAA
· Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets
· Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
· Stay on top of technology trends and developments
· Mentor and develop the engineering team and build a strong engineering culture
· Extensive experience working as a software engineer and manager in Java, Angular JS or similar framework (ideally full stack)
· Track record of recruiting, mentoring, and scaling engineering talent and building a strong engineering culture.
· A business leader with experience in a high-accountability, high empathy environment who can effectively work with various company stakeholders and impact across the company
· Background & experience in startups related to marketplaces, healthcare, or consumer health & wellness
Our Tech Stack
Java, Angular JS, AWS
Research Assistant: Neuroendocrinology Lab
April 2011 - January 2013
• Assisted on a project under Dr. Bruce McEwan, investigating the influence of various physical and mental stressors of mice and the response of their estradiol receptors • Responsible for initial species isolation and preparation and execution of brain dissections • Coordinated lab group meetings, presentations and project reports
Research Study Coordinator: Phase 1 Clinical Trials
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
May 2012 - April 2013
• Managed an individually-assigned Phase I clinical trial in the Developmental Therapeutics Clinic • Conducted literature reviews and synthesized evidence • Coordinated study materials and project logistics • Interviewed patients
Clinical Project Manager, AIDS/TB Specialist
Hogar Nuestra Senora de La Esperanza
January 2013 - June 2013
• Started a nutrition and palliative care initiative for terminal AIDS/TB patients in a poorly-equipped and under-staffed clinic • Conducted primary research on malnutrition initiatives for AIDS/TB • Developed a project budget plan, which was successful carried out
Personal Trainer and Nutritionist
October 2014 - January 2016
• NASM Certified Personal Trainer + Kettle Bell "StrongFirst" Certification • Educated and advised members of the gym in terms of their nutritional and physical health. • Built a client book and ranked as a top-performing staff member within the first 3 months. • Created specialized programs for clients with certain chronic illnesses and those requiring pre/postpartum care.
March 2015 - March 2016
• Wrote, edited and published all pamphlets, site content and social media content • Coordinated marketing strategies with internal team and external clients • Presented to/helped close large client accounts (ex: healthcare systems/hospitals, health insurance companies) • Played a pivotal role in building relationships
October 2016 - November 2017
• Created personalized menus, shopping lists, recipes and lifestyle regimens for clients (primarily diabetes and autoimmune cases) • Coached individuals 1-on-1 as well as in small groups • Created and managed group and individual personalized cleanse programs • Coordinated and collaborated with other wellness professionals within the clinic
Founder and Director
June 2014 - September 2018
• Founded an in-home / remote concierge service for entrepreneurs (client-facing); previous specialty in postpartum rehabilitation • Provided personalized health programs integrating nutritional, fitness, emotional consulting • Recruited, hired and on-boarded each team member (on average 8 team members) • Created on-boarding engagement activities • Created, implemented and evaluated team performance standards based on customer retention and satisfaction • Designed and implemented strategic plans to service clients’ needs, including coordinating complementarity services • Provided remote and in-person coaching to all employees and interns • Surveyed customer base and received a 95% highest satisfaction rate • Executed strategic marketing campaigns each increasing customer growth by at least 75% • Met monthly KPIs continuously (customer retention and customer growth) • Ensured customer experiences aligned with company values and standards • Supported social media outlets by publishing announcements, polls and engagement posts • Calculated gross/net revenue, maintained expense reports, performed cost analyses (Excel) • Maintained database of client information, follow-up action plans and coordinated clients • Created and periodically updated company website (Squarespace) • Scheduled all conference calls, meetings and travel arrangements • Brought in $10,000 in revenue through concierge sales in the first quarter • Attained and maintained business development; healthcare partnerships and maternal organization referrals • Presented to Lenox Hill maternity staff on 3 occasions • Sponsored an event for March of Dimes, which contributed to sales
August 2016 - Today
Wellacopia helps patients with chronic illnesses find their ideal, specialized medical and wellness practitioners through a compatibility matching platform. Our platform closely resembles dating sites like Match, OkCupid, EHarmony, etc. because we believe that finding the right healthcare partner can be just as important as finding the right life partner. Matching with the right practitioner can relieve chronically ill patients of the financial, time and energy burdens that come with the trial and error of seeking the right care. Subsequently, these long-term, compatible relationships often increase the likelihood of postive outcomes and quality of life. In turn, Wellacopia matches practitioners with pre-qualified "leads", provides personalized "advertisements" through unique profiles, and it is the only healthcare platform to ever allow (and encourage) practitioner to do "direct sales" by making it possible to reach out to patients initially, if they choose to, thanks to the transparent nature of 2-way matching. Our mission is to facilitate trusting healthcare relationships in order to improve healthcare outcomes.
BA: Major in Neuropshychology and Minor in Pre-Medical Studies and Genetics
2008 - 2012
The Hebrew University
Master of Science (MS) in Nutrition Science (Research and Public Health)
2013 - 2014