Founded 1 startup
I help organizations adopt emerging technologies and build world-class products around AI, Analytics, Blockchain, M2M, IOT.
• Need to scale your existing product architecture?
• Need to scale your product team from 30+ employees to 300+ and beyond?
• Deliveries are slipping and need to meet deadlines?
• Need high-performance scalable real-time architectures for your MVP?
• Creating a largescale multi-tenant PaaS, SaaS platform that is not tied to a specific vendor?
• Need to adopt Artificial Intelligence (AI) in your existing product?
If the answer is 'yes' to any of them, then you have found the right person.
19+ years of experience in managing large-scale cross-geographic teams with proven credentials in Turnaround strategy, Research, Delivery Management, and Product Innovation.
Over the past two decades, I have been helping CxOs with:
• Building high-performance Technology Teams
• Adopting emerging technologies into business processes
• Designing & Scaling the product architectures
• Defining long-term and short-term business vision & Product Roadmaps
• Creating growth strategy
• Setting up of Centre-of-Excellence (COE) divisions for critical R&D projects
Some of the domains I have worked till now and the solutions built by me:
• Automotive: Predictive Maintenance, Real-time vehicle tracking, M2M Telematics
• Healthcare: Electronic Health Records, Clinical Decision Support Systems with AI
• Industrial Automation: Scada, Industry 4.0, IIOT, Condition-based Maintenance
• Fintech: Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies, Smart-Contracts, Usage-based insurance
• Retail: Brand management, Recommendation Engines, Churn prediction
• Education: MOOC, LMS e-Learning platforms
• Gaming: Engine Development, AR, VR
I am Specialized in:
• Technology Management and Executive Strategy
• Internet of Things (IOT) and Big-data Analytics
• Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Telematics
• Computer Vision
• Natural Language Processing (NLP) for Clinical Text Analysis
• Decision Support Systems & Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Learn more at: https://gk.palem.in/
Some of my work, live-demos: https://bit.ly/2TfpQU1
Sr. Technical Lead - Distributed Services GTSC
December 2006 - April 2010
Principal Member Technical Staff - Server Technologies
June 2010 - December 2012
Sr. Architect - Big Data Analytics
December 2012 - June 2014
Research Scholar - Artificial Intelligence
Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay
December 2001 - September 2005
Head - Cognitive Technologies
February 2016 - July 2016
• Head of the Cognitive Technologies Business Unit • Laid out the executive strategy for integrating next generation large scale document image processing system into the RPA product • Incubated the Machine Learning team supervising the day-to-day operations and delivery management • Redesigned the Vision BOT architecture from scratch to incorporate AI learning capabilities into the RPA system • Created document auto-classification system with Neural Networks based OCR, and C++ scalable multi-core data-flow engine to handle large volumes
BPO IT Company
November 2016 - May 2018
• Created a hybrid cloud ERP SaaS platform for B2B eCommerce domain • Supervised a 200+ member cross-geographic team. Built a 30+ member full-stack development team from scratch • Introduced DevOps practice, improving the Release cycle management bringing down the server costs • P&L owner for technology operations including the delivery of large-scale e-commerce customer projects and creating the in-house ERP product • Reduced the project execution costs and turned-around the negative cash flows into profits • Implemented Agile delivery management practice to bring 40+ delayed e-commerce website projects under control and successfully delivered with customer satisfaction • Rolled out the ITIL service framework for 24x7 customer support, enhancing the service quality standards, increasing the CPE ratings (from 6.8 to 9.2), IRT, MPI and DTC SLAs • Infrastructure management for 1500+ employees, 3 data-centres, 90+ customers and 24x7 cross-geographic operations support. Designed and setup of a new IT NOC at Philippines • Vendor management for ISP, Software Licensing and Hardware procurement • Created InfoSec policy, implemented Asset tracking, Security Compliance and Auditing processes. Successfully completed a Microsoft Licensing audit.
B.Tech - Computer Science & Engineering
1997 - 2001
YCombinator Startup School