- Bridgewater, United States
- Startup stage
- Product Management, Programming, Technical, Sales, Marketing, Management, Finance, Business Development, Strategy
- I am seeking co-founders with sales & on-line marketing experiences to refine and execute, online and offline, marketing/sales processes. Technical co-founders are also highly desired.
If you are willing to swap your marketing/sales hours with my technical ones, may we talk?
-------------- Our Aspiration & Visions ---------------------------
In last ten years, Groupon and its daily-deal cousins (aka Daily Dealers) have been helping local businesses to acquire new customers. On the sideline, I have learned a few points:
1. There exists huge market in on-line marketing/sales for local businesses;
2. Daily-dealers have delivered really just "potent drugs" which have not only left financial scars on merchants, but also helped little in building customer basis -- on of the most important objectives of marketing.
3. The costs to daily-dealers is too high as they have to woo advertisers with one hard, and consumers by the other: their business model is not sustainable
If you are one of those who aspired/inspired to give local businesses better than Groupon's offering. I'll be happy to talk about what I have done, and what are in the pipeline.
--------- Product Overview ----------
The product provides services to enable local businesses (those whose customers are in geo-proximity) acquiring customers from their own websites & social media accounts etc, and incentivizing existing customers to return. This is done in a business model which has strong network effects (while daily-deal models have none) to significantly lower the operating cost.
We intend to provide an alternative to local businesses in terms of online marketing and sales, by bringing this superior business model to the world.
---------How will WebCoupon compete & win? -----------------
WebCoupon mainly competes on the merits of its business model:
1. We aggregate ALL on-line traffic of advertising merchants in a local area, and exposing them to ALL promotions by these advertising merchants. This makes wooing consumers (Groupon spent billions doing this, and have kept spending on it) unnecessary for WebCoupon -- lower operating cost.
2. WebCoupon brings right type of customers to merchants, not those who drive 30 miles to enjoy a 50% discount on fancy sushi dinners.
3. The business model also allow us to build a customer list for each advertising merchant, and run automated marketing for merchants.
---------Current status ------------
The project, currently named webcoupon.us, has been in production in early 2016. We have had paying customers. The current focus is developing and refining sales processes/funnels to prove scalability.
--------------Looking for ----------------
I am seeking co-founders with sales & on-line marketing experiences to refine and execute, online and offline, marketing/sales processes. Technical co-founders are also highly desired.