Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US
Head of Strategic Initiatives
Ed Tech Venture Backed Startup
January 2018 - November 2019
Worked directly with CEO at venture-backed ed tech firm to identify, develop and execute a variety of crucial roles and projects.
Healthcare Patient Engagement Provider
January 2017 - January 2018
• Spearheaded implementation of all financial, administrative and operational systems and managed capital raising process, securing seed money. • Formed strategy to create working partnerships with major hospital networks and used it to secure a pilot to subscription agreement with an 8 hospital network with over 2,000 hospital beds.
January 2013 - January 2017
• Executed all financial reporting, budgeting and reconciliation duties. Achieved gross margin expansion of 6% during high growth using cost of goods forecasts, inventory systems, process improvement and streamlining. Successful venture exit in 2017. • Developed an out-of-the box marketing strategy that resulted in +25% sales growth using interactive social media campaigns, community sponsorship, cross-promotion and partnering corporations such as Philadelphia Soul and Xerox. • Drafted 5 year plan using competitive landscaping, SWOT, key driver analysis, target market segmentation and financial analysis.
Venture Capital Analyst
Impact Investment Partners
January 2010 - January 2013
• Sourced, diligenced, and recommended 50+ investment of funds directly to portfolio manager across the Indian Healthcare sector focusing primarily on early stage and growth investments while also preparing and presenting quarterly management reports. • Performed extensive research and diligence through dynamic financial analysis, competitor analysis, evaluating returns, assessing industry dynamics, business driver sensitivity, meeting senior management, gauging demand, and site visits.
Hedge Fund Analyst
January 2009 - January 2010
• Identified, evaluated and communicated 40+ long/short credit and equity financial markets investment ideas to senior management across sectors that included Media, Tech, Telecom, Pharma, Healthcare, Retail, Financials, Energy and Industrials. • Conducted fundamental research and made buy/sell recommendations through financial analysis, valuation, credit analysis, key driver sensitivity, competitive landscaping, operational issue identification, risk assessment and senior management meetings.
Investment Banking Analyst (Tech, Media and Telecom)
Goldman Sachs & Co.
January 2007 - January 2009
• Advised/executed various transaction alternatives (M&A, LBO, etc.) for senior management of firms including Fortune 100. • Built intricate financial models in MS Excel from scratch (Disc. Cash Flow, LBO models, Comp. Company Analysis, Comp. Transaction Analysis, Accretion/Dilution, Future Earnings, etc.) to analyze various scenarios in PowerPoint presentations.
Head of Business Operations / Finance
Health Tech Venture Backed Startup
December 2019 - Today
Work directly with CEO on developing and executing in a wide ranging capacity including finance, strategy and operations.
University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)
2003 - 2007