Experience with 3 startups.
1st was within the Gig Economy with Rocket Internet in Singapore.
2nd and 3rd are heathcare tech and fintech in Lagos, Nigeria.
Combination of analytical rigor, operational expertise, product management and senior level client/customer facing experience. Areas of expertise and experience include:
• Strategic planning • Data analysis
• Product management • Storytelling
• Resource management • Navigating uncertainty
Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success - Henry Ford
May 2019 - Today
• Founded startup which focuses on the development of new fintech software that uses machine learning to bring transparency to the Nigerian lending ecosystem. • Formulated the company’s visions, goals, and objectives and participated in all aspects of business development, market research, finance, marketing and operations to ensure the company’s vision is followed. • Hired and trained new employees. • Built and maintained professional relationships with potential investors and partners; attended relevant startup business events. • Grew company from idea to being cash positive in under 5 months.
July 2018 - May 2019
• Brought and closed $1M USD in funding for bridge round to get company to series A. This was 100% of the bridge round funding and allowed Medsaf to expand its revenue and meet growth targets for Series A • Completed an enterprise level process workflow analysis and implemented standardized processes to increase operational efficiencies and reduce error rates. Led to order accuracy increase to 90%, procurement cost reductions of 20%, lead time improvements of 25%, Semi-automation of data entry and quality control for in-bound and out-bound medications • Led development of in-house technology platform to automate operations processes. Platform reduced: data entry times, human error rates through automation, and allowed for business intelligence analysis to be automated • Created in-house logistics delivery system that led to 50% reduction in delivery costs and 33% reduction in delivery times. • Medsaf valuation was $1M USD for 2 years. Six months after arrival, company valuation increased to $6M USD due to operational improvements
Head of Product and Operations
Rocket Internet - UShift
September 2017 - June 2018
• Performed consumer insights research and led cross-functional product meetings to develop product roadmap and determine new product features to increase value-add of platform • Analyzed E-wallet ecosystem and 3rd party Chat-bot integration by evaluating potential partnerships to allow UShift’s platform to incorporate an ecommerce and real-time communication component to increase overall value-add for clients • Ran A/B test on Chat-bot functionalities after determining specific use-cases for targeted customer persona's; ran multiple iterations of the test to a 95% confidence level to zero-in on best utility of chat-bot on platform • Competitor analysis and product acquisition research via GAP analysis to understand competitor platform specs, what is required to integrate new technology and if said technology fits into business model • Restructured Operations division and implemented new processes to improve process management and measure KPIs more accurately; the instituted changes produced a highly productive cross-functional team between customer facing and back-end servicing teams which enhanced the overall customer experience • Revamped management personnel and product team. Built new development team capable of delivering new product features in shorter time frames. This allowed UShift to enter 2 new market segments leading to a 3x increase in revenue
University of Michigan - Stephen M. Ross School of Business
2012 - 2014
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
B.S. Mechanical Engineering
2004 - 2008