It's more common than it needs to be - that's for sure. And it's an expensive problem too.
- ID, Understand & Model Core Values og Business
- Understand that we're all in this together, are human, and we're all important and deserve respect.
- Self Awareness
From these 3 all sorts of skills come forth - communication, listening, reducing the amount of power/significance/ego each wants to experience, transparency, and much more. This may be there skills you're rally asking about...
A great tool to promote such skills and collaboration is "CORE"
- Cooperation - we're a team and after the same thing
- Ownership - I own what's mine you own what's yours. No matter what
- Respect - we're all humans and deserve respect, and will act respectfully
- Empathy - stand in the other's shoes to better understand where they're coming from.