Incorporation

Anybody use a good incorporation self service?

AJAY BAM Ceo and Co-founder at Vyrill Inc

February 8th, 2013

All,

Anybody used a good incorporation service recently? We are debating incorporating ourselves as C corp or pay an attorney to do so out of Delaware.�

Thx,
Ajay
www.linkedin.com/in/ajaybam

Max Avroutski

February 10th, 2013

+1 on doing it yourself in your local state as a C-corp, it\'s easy. You can always create a Delaware corp and have it�acquire�your local state corp. Just make sure that you have shareholder\'s agreement that specify that all shareholders get�proportional�dilution. Or one or more of you may end up being pushed out as�Eduardo Saverin was with Facebook. (I am not defending how�Saverin�behaved.)

Max Avroutski
--- On Sat, 2/9/13, michael <mich...@barnathan.name> wrote:

From: michael <mich...@barnathan.name>
Subject: [FD Members] Re: Anybody use a good incorporation self service?
To: founderdating@googlegroups.com
Cc: "Ajay" <aj...@yahoo.com>
Date: Saturday, February 9, 2013, 12:03 PM

Since you can always amend your articles of incorporation later, it makes more sense to self-incorporate in the beginning. It\'s really quite easy.
The exception may be if you\'re starting a non-profit, as you\'ll need specific IRS-approved language in your founding documents. But even that you can do yourself with a bit of research.

On Friday, February 8, 2013 1:26:42 PM UTC-5, ajbam wrote:All,

AJAY BAM Ceo and Co-founder at Vyrill Inc

February 10th, 2013

A big thanks to Max, Donnie, Michael, David, Josh, Krassimir and Patrick for your comments on the topic. �I have enough to move this forward and close the topic.

Thank you!
Ajay

Aleksandra Czajka

February 11th, 2013

:).
If you incorporate through LegalZoom do you need to do anything else to own
the stock? If not, I\'m guessing you have till 30 days to file 83(b)
election after the incorporation date through LegalZoom. How do you file
for 83(b)?

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Michael Barnathan
<mich...@barnathan.name>wrote:

Krassimir Fotev Founder of Peer Belt Inc.

February 8th, 2013

It is always better incorporating right, so you don\'t waste time and money in the future.
Check Yokum\'s notes at http://www.startupcompanylawyer.com/ or directly contact him http://www.startupcompanylawyer.com/contact-yokum/.
Rgds,
-Krassimir

On Feb 8, 2013, at 1:26 PM, Ajay wrote:

Michael Barnathan

February 11th, 2013

I self incorporated and somehow know about 83(b) election. It\'s in a lot
of the SBA and other online resources. These discussion groups are also
great for passively learning that information, since everyone who read
this thread now knows about 83(b) elections :)

On 2/11/2013 7:55 PM, Aleksandra Czajka wrote:

Michael Barnathan

February 9th, 2013

Since you can always amend your articles of incorporation later, it makes
more sense to self-incorporate in the beginning. It\'s really quite easy.

The exception may be if you\'re starting a non-profit, as you\'ll need
specific IRS-approved language in your founding documents. But even that
you can do yourself with a bit of research.

David Hauser Young Entrepreneur, Speaker, Founder of Grasshopper and Angel Investor.

February 8th, 2013

We have used http://www.filingsmadeeasy.com for a long time and have
filings in all 50 states now with them.

- David

Jeff Bennett

February 11th, 2013

Hi,

I had a single person corp to establish for consulting and other stuff
under a corporate structure. I am not lawyer and this is not advice, just
merely my experience.

I tried to find a self service thing but they did\'t seem to know the
answers but were happy to help you fill in forms.

I ended doing this Nolo for California as a n S Corp (using an older
version)

Chose subchapter S as I had a single owner structure and the Feds didn\'t
recognize LLC for liability it seemed.

Had my accountant review the docs I drew up filed with the state easily.
(Instead of the accountant now I use paycycle.com and this:

A lot of research to come up with the above, but all I seem to need and I
think I am better off knowing what the Nolo book taught me rather than just
filling out a form bot. They might be better now as this was a few years
ago.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Aleksandra Czajka

February 11th, 2013

If you self incorporate, however, how would you ever know about things like
83(b) ?
I once formed an LLC through LegalZoom and no one ever mentioned 83(b), etc.

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 12:41 PM, jeffkbennett <jeffkbenn...@gmail.com>wrote:

Donnie Wang Mobile Software Developer

February 10th, 2013

I know a good startup attorney in SF who\'s reasonably priced. She
specializes in this sort of thing:

www.startupcompanylawyer.com/
le...@bedrocksf.com

Mention founderdating because they\'re always willing to chat over a cup of
coffee with aspiring entrepreneurs and point you in the right direction.