I'm building a website similar to evite.com and punchbowl.com. The point of my site is I will allow a user to create an event and invite other users via email to this event. It's supposed to be free. My biggest concern is someone nefarious will create an event and spam anyone and everyone.
I am also seeing apps like zoom.com where you can email a bunch of users to your event. How / what is the best way to prevent someone from creating a "spamming" event? What are some techniques people are using?
I've also developed such kind of products with my clients. While working with marketing campaigns, I always take care of these things to avoid emails from spam -
1. Company logo, contact details with the Unsubscribe option.
2. Professional email content (Most important, it should not be spammy content)
3. Offer some links - subscribe, request a demo or call us
4. if the contact knows about your company, then remind them, when and where you met.
I hope these techniques will help you.
Just to add on the ideas suggested earlier, I would advise you to:
- have user verification via email or SMS before activating new subscriber
- Ensure your web app and Email are secured with SSL (Secure Socket Layer)
- Pay for whois protection with your web host provider.
- Mind which sites you are using to increase traffic to your website