A great idea is 1% of the work. Execution is the other 99%. In this course, we’ll teach you how to conduct market analysis, create an MVP and pivot (if needed), launch your business, survey customers, iterate your product/service based on feedback, and gain traction quickly.
This structure of your survey will depend on its purpose and the value you want to create for your company and your market. This is why there is no standard questions to be asked.
However, if you want your survey to be meaningful, here is the overall process you could follow:
1. Start answering two questions: why do you want to run a survey, and what do you want to investigate exactly. This should be based on hard facts if possible, unless you want to validate an assumption. Do you need to carry out a pol, desk search, qualitative survey, quantitative survey? This should be identified at this stage together with the objectives you want to reach, to whom.
2. Identify your target group and how to reach out to a sample of respondents. Avoid panels offered by research firms, unless they are your clients already or have the profile to become clients.
3. Draw up questions. One way here is to start using your objectives and asking yourself what do you really need to know to achieve them. Once you have your questionnaire ready, try to "kill the questions", i.e. if you're not able to turn the response into an action, drop the question.
4. Collect answers. Bear in mind that a survey doesn't provide a solution to a problem. It delivers answers to your questions.
5. Draw up conclusions.
6. Analyze conclusions
7. Draw up recommendations
8. Create the solution(s)
9. Validate the solution by going back to your market.
10. Iterate whenever necessary until you create value to your market.
11. Reach out to me if you want to know more - email@example.com :)
Fast, easy and free is survey.io . This is VERY quick to get setup and it's fantastic in the questions that are already prepped for you. Don't overthink this. Get this survey in your customer's hands right away.