Taxes · California tax

Do you have to pay the $800 Minimum Franchise Tax in CA if you are a foreign corp?

AJAY BAM Ceo and Co-founder at Vyrill Inc

October 8th, 2015


Just want to check in on this topic. We are a C corp in Delaware and foreign corp in CA.  We are filing taxes for the 1st time in CA as a foreign corp. Is it correct that you pay the minimum Franchise Tax even if you are a startup with no revenue yet and only expenses?

Thank you. Appreciate the input and confirmation.

David Antila Managing Partner, Product Strategy Partners

October 8th, 2015


Timothy Clark Owner - Radiant Heart Studios

October 8th, 2015

I've got a similar question: We formed a corporation in Wyoming but our office is in California. I was told that we need to register in California.  Our app only generated $300 this year (our first year).... Doesn't seem fair to have to pay $800 to the Franchise Tax Board when our taxes will be less than $24.