I'm working on a startup in the legal space and one way I'd like to build awareness is to have a resource that answers common legal questions that many entrepreneurs have. Some topics I have come up with include:
- what should I look for in an NDA?
- what should I do if I receive a threatening letter from another business or lawyer?
- how can I fire someone?
- when should I prepare a shareholders' agreement?
- what do I really need to know about privacy law?
- what should I cover in my terms of service?
- what's an indemnity and should I worry about it?
- how do I acquire a domain that is already registered?
- does governing law/jurisdiction really matter?
Those are just the ideas I had, but I'd rather hear it from other entrepreneurs than from my brain alone.
If it helps, I'm actually a practicing lawyer in Toronto, Ontario (and work with many startups) so feel free to use this as an opportunity to ask any questions you may have, and I'll try to help you out as best I can (in gratitude for your help.)