In my previous response I gave you some general strategies that have been effective. However, it seems that most of the respondents have given you specific examples. With that in mind I will give you one that was used by me two weeks ago with incredible results in a B2B application.
In order to attract people to a booth at a trade show last week, we targeted 300 key decision makers we were looking to have visit with a mailing prior to the show. The mailing consisted of a $1.50 imprinted sports wallet filled with the following items:
- A note paperclipped to the outside of the wallet with the copy "We found your wallet. You seem to be missing some potential revenue. Come see Jay at booth 526 to see how you can fill it."
- A $1.00 bill inside with a note clipped to it that said, "For more of these, see Jay at booth 526.
- Jay's business card
- A fortune from a fortune cookie, "Great wealth awaits you...booth 526".
- A family photo with Jay in the middle.
- A savings coupon for the product. Turn in at booth 526 for a trial.
Of the 300 people targeted over 200 came to the booth with the wallet and spoke to Jay. It was an unequaled success and the client was very pleased.